How to Cover Your Butt: A Women's Underwear Guide
Need help covering your butt today, tomorrow and every day of your life? We can help! A how-to guide for choosing the perfect and most comfortable undies for your southern hemisphere.
There are so many types of panties under the sun that it is starting to become a bit overwhelming. You may be thinking, “Which of these women’s underwear styles is really for me?” Maybe you’ve been wearing hipster ladies underwear your whole life, just thinking that it’s the best underwear for women, but in reality, you’ve never even tried anything else. That's no way to let your booty live!
The underwear world is your oyster, all you have to do is crack it open and suckle on the insides. There are so many types of women’s underwear cuts to choose from so let’s break each of them down so we can really understand the similarities, differences and benefits of these women underwear types.
What type of underwear should I wear as a female?
Let’s get started with a simple statement that I hope will resonate with anyone reading about panty types. The number one, most integral thing to remember, is that your comfort is the most important factor in choosing types of underwear to wear.
If you think you want to be a thong girl, but you truly feel more comfortable with full coverage underwear, don’t sacrifice your comfort! Every butt is a little bit different than the last so don’t think that you need to wear what anyone else is wearing.
You can still have cute and sexy underwear without resorting to a style of underwear that makes you feel uncomfortable. Trust your gut, but don’t be afraid to try different styles to see what’s out there.
Okay, but is it even necessary to wear underwear as a female?
Let me say it one more time for the ladies in the back…You should wear (or not wear) whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. If going commando makes you feel wild and free, do it. The only thing you need to remember if you go commando is the fact that vaginas are self cleaning. This is where discharge comes from.
When you do not wear a fabric layer between your vagina and your outer layer of clothing (aka underwear), you are likely to get some discharge on your clothing. This is not a problem, but you wash your undies after every wear, right? Now you should be doing the same with your shorts or pants if you are not wearing underwear. So, in short, NO it is not necessary to wear underwear. You do you, boo boo.
What are the different underwear styles I can choose from?
There are so many options for women’s undies, but we will take the time to break down the pairs that you can get sent to your door straight from Shinesty.com. If you really wanna take advantage of our kindness, try a subscription where you can save 35%, get free shipping and cancel anytime you want.
- The defining feature of a thong is the backside. A thong is characterized by a minimal amount of fabric in the back. The fabric is meant to slide easily into the booty crack in order to minimize the visibility of panty lines. To drastically reduce panty lines, your best option is a seamless thong. Seamless is just how it sounds: it has no seams. With this type of construction, a seamless thong will lay lightly on your skin so that even the tightest of clothing does not show a sign of underwear beneath.
- A thong is the type of underwear that will provide the least amount of coverage compared to other types of underwear.
- In search of the best seamless thong on the internet? Check out this collection of thongs available in solid colors and ridiculous patterns to keep things interesting in your pants. They’re made from a blend of nylon and polyester with a 100% cotton liner for optimal comfort and breathability.
- In search of something that keeps things even cooler down south? Try our paradICE™ cooling thongs made from patented brrr°® fabric that is scientifically proven to keep you 3° cooler than other performance fabrics. These thongs even have mesh zones on the hips for added breathability.
- Cheekies are the next step up from thongs in regards to coverage. Just as their name suggests, the cut of this underwear intentionally shows off some cheek by cutting higher up the bum for a medium amount of coverage.
- The BEST cheekies can be found right here. These cheekies have a soft and flexible waistband that sits lightly on your hips. They’re made from MicroModal material which is 3x softer than cotton. MicroModal is also breathable, sweat wicking and provides a super comfy 4-way stretch. Get a pair or 12 in simple solids or ridiculous patterns.
- Bikini cut underwear provides even more coverage than cheeky undies do. Bikinis fit like a more traditional bikini swim bottom would. With moderate coverage, these undies make your booty feel safe and secure.
- The best choice for bikini underwear is right here. The big differentiator between these bikinis and others that you’d find elsewhere is the anti-muffin top waistband. Instead of an additional stretchy waistband, we simply folded our fabric over and gave in a light seam at the top. Since the waistband is the same material as the rest of the underwear, it sits gently on your hips without squeezing or pinching. These are also made with MicroModal material which is 3x softer than cotton. MicroModal is breathable, sweat wicking and provides a super comfy 4-way stretch.
- Boyshorts provide the most coverage out of all of the underwear cuts already listed. The cut comes down on your legs slightly instead of cutting up the butt. These fit like tiny shorts which make them a great choice to wear underneath skirts and dresses.
- These boyshorts also feature the high tech anti muffin top waistband to keep you feeling comfortable and never pinched. These are also made with MicroModal material which is 3x softer than cotton. MicroModal is breathable, sweat wicking and provides a super comfy 4-way stretch.
- Lingerie is a special, extra sexy type of women’s underwear. Lingerie is characterized by dainty fabrics like lace, silk and satin. This type of underwear is meant to help you feel desirable, confident and HOT. Read more about the nuances of lingerie here.
- For boobs! A bralette is generally characterized by the lack of underwire or padding that you’d find in a traditional padded bra. These bralettes follow that rule. They do not have padding or underwire: two things that can make a bra slightly uncomfortable.
- Try one of our bralettes. They have adjustable spaghetti straps, an elastic band for support just below the boobs and are made with ultra cozy MicroModal which is 3x softer than cotton. MicroModal is breathable, sweat wicking and provides a super comfy 4-way stretch.
- Does boob sweat get you down? Chill out with a paradICE™ cooling bralette. These bralettes match the cooling thongs listed above so you can complete the cooling set. These bralettes are made from patented brrr°® fabric that is scientifically proven to keep you 3° cooler than other performance fabrics. These bralettes also have mesh zones down the back and cleavage region for added breathability and sweat reduction.
Now you know what differentiates all of the different underwear cuts. From minimal coverage seamless thongs to cute and cozy boyshorts…the possibilities are almost endless. Now, grab your butt, think about what kind of undies she wants, and go forth and grab ‘em. The best part is, if you don’t love your first pair, we’ll refund them. That’s how much we care about your butt.