Because friends don't let friends be sexy cats.
We get it. We all see beauty bloggers with insane Halloween makeup and outfits they’ve clearly been planning for months. Unfortunately, the majority of us don’t even have enough time for a good Netflix binge, let alone to plan ahead for Halloween...or to wield liquid liner like we’re the Michelangelo of makeup. And we don’t just get free stuff for being Insta-famous (...yet).
The Shinesty team has you covered this year with stupid-easy tips, tricks, and treats to get you outfitted for Halloween quickly, easily, and most importantly...cheaply. With versatile, comfy Shinesty Halloween dresses all under $35, accessories already in your closet, and makeup you already have...you’ll be good to go on the low-low. Save your money for late-night pizza.
Step 1: Choose Your Base Look
Step 2: Use What You’ve Got
After you’ve got your base look, check your closet for everyday items that will go with anything, like black tights, black leather jacket, black shoes/boots, black hats. All black everything. (I mean, have you ever had a good night without listening to Rihanna or Jay-Z first?)
COSTUME IDEA #1:
Carrie, The Original Scream Queen
Pair our Bloody Sunday Halloween Dress with:
- Bright pink lipstick
- A smattering of fake blood (or lipstick) on your face
- Black heels
COSTUME IDEA #2:
Pair our Gunshot Dress with:
- Black tights
- A funky shrug
- Dark oxblood lip
- Layered white and black makeup
- Murderous expression
- Bonus: force your zom-bae to get matchy-matchy in a coordinating suit (let's be real, he doesn't have a costume yet anyway)
COSTUME IDEA(S) #3:
The Spiderwebs Dress (One dress, three ways)
(Left to right)
- Smoky eye
- Dark red lipstick (for blood + lip)
- Black booties
- A hankering for blood
The Modern Witch:
- Classic red lip
- Cat eye
- Any wide-brimmed black hat
- Leather jacket
- Black boots
- Using a credit card or ruler, make a simple spider web design with black eyeliner.
- Pair with funky fake lashes (we got our spidey ones from Target on the cheap) and black liner.
- Wear with leather booties, lace tights, and a bold lip.
And there ya have it. Five looks for less than the cost of a large pizza and a box of wine.